Friday, July 1, 2011

Low Fat Vegetable Creamcheese spread. Not just for Breakfast.

When I recently purchased vegetable cream cheese spread, I realized how salty it tasted and that it had almost double the sodium than regular cream cheese. That led me to make my own, which I truthfully liked better. It takes only minutes.


2 tablespoons Minced Celery
1 tablespoon grated carrot
1 tablespoon minced red pepper.
1 clove garlic grated. ( if you like onion i would use 1 tsp grated) or omit if you don't want vampire potion breath.
1/2 brick of  Neufchâtel ( aka low fat Cream cheese) I like the low fat NOT the Fat free which , to me is like while flavorless jello. Yucko ***
Mix together and use to top bagels, toast, pita..even fill celery stalks for a snack or serve as cracker spread.

If you want heat, you can mix in some hot sauce or Tabasco.
***I buy the low fat cream cheese at Aldi supermarket if the store doesn't have it on sale. It is wrapped in the same foil as Philadelphia Cream Cheese. Hmmm interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment