- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup buttermilk (or 1 cup milk with 1 tsp lemon juice)
1. In a bowl, mix flour with sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. In a small bowl, beat egg to blend with milk and 2 tablespoons butter. Add liquids to dry ingredients and stir until evenly moistened.2. Place an aebleskiver pan over medium-low heat. When pan is hot enough to make a drop of water dance, spray with non-stick spray ,fill each to slightly below the rim with batter.
3. in Center of batter drop a small amount of Jam.
4. In about 1 1/2 minutes, thin crusts will form on bottoms of balls (centers will still be wet); pierce the crust with a slender wood skewer and gently pull shell to rotate the doughnut holes until about half the cooked portion is above the cup rim and uncooked batter flows down into cup. Cook until crust on bottom of doughnut hole is again firm enough to pierce, about another minute, then rotate doughnut hole with skewer until the ridge formed as the doughnut hole first cooked is on top. Cook, turning occasionally with skewer, until doughnut holes are evenly browned and no longer moist in the center, another 5-7 minutes. Check by piercing center of last pancake ball added to pan with skewer--it should come out clean--or by breaking the ball open slightly; if balls start to get too brown, turn heat to low until they are cooked in the center. remove doughnut holes from pan and roll in cinnamon sugar.