Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Easy Spinach, Ham, Ricotta Frittata

Leftovers don't have to be boring. Right after the Easter Holiday the fridge has a bounty of yummy left overs. We have a few Easter Standards including Ham, Cheese and some eggs we didn't boil. Behind the Ham I spy, Ricotta Cheese that I need to use up before it becomes a science project and I always have a few mushrooms on hand.

I check out the freezer to see if i have my standard, frozen chopped spinach and BINGO I do.  So I feel a Frittata coming on.

Ingredients

  • measure out 1 & 1/2 cups frozen (bagged )chopped spinach, then thawed and squeezed thoroughly to remove liquid
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 cup  ricotta cheese any type. if the ricotta is overly wet, strain it in a fine colander.
  • 1/4 cup  grated Parmesan cheese AKA Sprinkle cheese.. Green can cheese or fresh grated Parmesan..whatever you have on hand.
  • 3/4 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
  • 1 cup chopped ham.
  • 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
  • 1/2- 3/4 cup of Shredded cheese. I used Swiss cheese.
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasonings ( or oregano , basil parsley) I also crush these in the palm of my hand when I add it to the mix.
  • 1 pinch Sea Salt and fresh pepper

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. Mix everything except for the Parmesan cheese, together in a large bowl.


    Sliced Mushrooms
    Shredded Swiss Cheese
    1 cup Ricotta
    Mustard
     Ham
  1. Spray a pie pan or a torte pan with non-stick spray. Dump mixture into pan, spread evenly and   top with sprinkle cheese


Bake for 30 minutes, or until browned. Let cool for 5 minutes , cut into wedges and serve.  This also can be served at room temp. Heck, I even like it cold.




Some like it Hot... top with your favorite Hot Sauce to raise the heat!


No comments:

Post a Comment