Thursday, May 19, 2011

Leftover Onion Soup becomes Gravy for Meatloaf

Well the chill of yesterday is gone, so the thought of a hot mug of French Onion Soup has left the building. So what to do? easy one. I pureed the onion soup and strained it. Made a roux by sauteing a tablespoon of butter and a 2 tablespoons of flour and gradually adding the left over strained onion soup and a packet of Bouillon. It was a little to salty using the whole packet so I did add about a cup of water and a teaspoon of Gravy Master for a nice rich color. Cooking until it thickened.

My Meatloaf recipe or so to speak.

3 lbs grass fed ground beef 85/15.
1/2 cup bread crumbs (Check the label to make sure there is no Hydrogenated Oils and watch for excessive sodium)
2 eggs
1 tablespoon of grilling seasoning ( I used Emeril's)
1 packet Beef Bouillon
Mix well.

This were I woah up for a moment. I take about a tablespoon of the meatloaf mix and I microwave it for about a 45 seconds or until done. Then I taste it to make sure the seasoning is okay.
This time, I am right on the money and the Hubby agrees.
I made 3 meat loafs and topped them with a mix of 1/2 can of leftover tomato paste, 1/2 can water, a splash of vinegar and a 2 tablespoons of brown sugar. Painted over the meat with sauce.
The other option.... Ketchup. Just a nice coating of Ketchup. ( We use Heinz Organic..Some Ketchups have High Fructose Corn Syrup, we choose to avoid that ingredient)

Baked at 350 for 45 minutes or until thermometer reads Beef done temperature.

Slice and serve with Onion Gravy.







No comments:

Post a Comment